Behind The Crime
Have you ever wondered what happened at the Childers Backpacker Fires, or how Cyber Crime is big business nowadays ?
Behind The Crime takes you behind the scenes and introduces you to the intricate details of recent police investigations. Presentations of BTC are held at Brisbane Girls Grammar School, Gregory Terrace.
Presentations of criminal cases are delivered by senior police officers and members of the legal fraternity.
The fundraising initiative “Behind the Crime”, is organised in conjunction with the Queensland Police Service. Commencing in 2004, the forums are now held three times a year in Brisbane. Organised by CSP Inc. as a means of attracting community support and interest in policing activities, these forums have developed into a worthwhile medium to foster community relations.
BTC Behind The Crime Presentation Dates for 2018 are as follows
- 23 March, 2018 – “Crimes linked by Ballistics Evidence”, Brisbane Girls Grammar School
- 14 September, 2018 – Coming Soon
The presenters for September 2018 have not yet been finalised, and we generally let people know in advance via email distribution.
To be notified of the Behind The Crime events by email, please sign up to our mailing list and we will let you know when they are on.
Previous Presentations include:
- The Vampire Murders
- Death on the Gateway (murder of Janet Phillips)
- Policing Amphetamines
- The Bikie Murder
- The Cat Woman Murder
- The Childers Backpacker fires
- The Sian Kingi murder
- The Investigation of Child Exploitation in Queensland
- Resilience: The Handbury Street Shooting
Experienced presenters volunteer their time and knowledge to present the facts of the case, outlining investigative strategies and court outcomes. Members of the audience are able to ask questions of the presenter at the end of the presentation.
All inquiries in relation to presentations for Behind the Crime can be directed to the contact us page.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE
- Attendance for persons under 18 years is restricted for some topics.
- Use of cameras is not permitted.
- Supper is provided by CSP Inc. and participants are invited to purchase raffle tickets.
- All funds raised support emergency accommodation.
- Please take time at the intermission or before/after the presentation to look at our latest merchandise, also available online at the CSP Store
- Feel free to talk with the presenter during the intermission or after the talk
- Cost is $20 for students/pensioners/unemployed people, and $25 for working adults
- Ticket payments can be made at the door on the night, or to secure your seat we offer payment via PayPal through the BTC online store before the event
- If paying at the door on the night, please send an email to [email protected] for catering and reserve your seat.
- Please note, there are no physical tickets issued, the PayPal notification is your receipt.
We will release tickets to the BTC Events via the CSP Online Store and notify people of ticket availability via our Email distribution list.
If you would like to be notified of the BTC events by email, please Contact Us and ask to be added to the “BTC Advance Notice Email Distribution List“.