The Objectives of Community Supporting Police Inc. as established are:
1. To foster friendship between community and police, their families, and friends.
2. To have discussions, hold meetings, conduct working groups and arrange entertainment in furtherance of objective (1).
3. To raise money in support of –
a. Voluntary assistance programs designed to enhance and build relations between police and community, as approved by this organisation.
b. Any project approved of by the membership and sponsored by the Commissioner of Police.
4. To provide comfort to families of police suffering from illness or distress in crisis situations.
5. To do other things at the discretion of the management committee which are in conformity with the foregoing objectives and, where practicable, assist Police Welfare, Police Chaplains and other Police Service support organisations in their functions on behalf of Queensland Police Service members and their families in times of illness, bereavement or grief.
6. All assets or funds of the organisation will be used solely to further the objectives of the organisation, and no portion of those funds will be paid or distributed to members except as compensation for out of pocket expenses. facilities are managed through the local Branch of CSP.
Currently CSP manages one residential house (Perry Irwin House, Nundah) and five units at Bowen Hills, Woolloongabba, Annerley and Toowong.
All residences have been made available by the Queensland Police Service to provide emergency accommodation in Brisbane to police and their immediate families in times of crisis and trauma.
Funds raised by the organisation in Brisbane help to maintain these facilities. There is a very high occupancy rate for all emergency accommodation which reflects the ongoing need for such facilities across the State.
Housing is also located in Toowoomba, Townsville, Rockhampton, Cairns and Mareeba.